Boiler Repairs and Spare Parts

The problem is that the s/conductor relays are obsolete

Reply to
geoff

Geoff mentioned the solid state 'relays' are obsolete. It should be possible to find a suitable replacement. If you have plenty time to Google.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can be a problem. Have you tried an obsolete semi-conductor broker for them? It's unlikely they were specially made for a company the size of Gledhill.

Not trying to tell you your business, of course. ;-) But most of these things can be found - at a price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am not so sure any semiconductor is ever obsolete as such: either there is a plug for plug better version, or someone still makes it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not sure I can find an HD6120....! Wish I could...

Reply to
Bob Eager

How far does that go? I'm assuming that physical mods would be OK, but changes to the function of the circuit wouldn't?

If you've a resistor that keeps damaging the board underneath, would it be an inappropriate mod to use a higher wattage component and let it stand higher off the board?

What about repairs - if some tracks are damaged, would you be OK linking past the damaged areas?

Reply to
Skipweasel

This bloke claimed to sell them 2009...

Skipweasel

Higher wattage would be OK, changing the value isn't

Of course - it's not changing the function of the pcb

Reply to
geoff

£5 ea, minimum quantity 200

See above

Reply to
geoff

Yes, I bought two off him in 2009. What few he has left he wants to sell as part of kits...I think he's cornered the market.

I built this...

with front panel (on the left).

Reply to
Bob Eager

I remember when I used to spend all day making front panels for one-off bits of electronic interface gear for the firm I worked for. Very satisfying, neatly Letrasetting and lacquering it all. Done properly, it looked like it'd been "properly" machined and screen printed.

Reply to
Skipweasel

That's what I've often found. But sometimes if you keep looking you'll get somewhere that does them in smaller quantities.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

RS do a kit for etching and colouring anodised ally panels. So you do the artwork on the computer. The results can be stunning and very durable - although the colour choice is limited.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This was nearly thirty years ago!

Reply to
Skipweasel

Hmm, 4004, 8008 just two to prove its not true.

Reply to
dennis

No need geof, its a true statement whatever gg says.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

No, you really do need to go and se what a d*****ad your predecessor was

Reply to
geoff

A DIYer can do what he likes as long as it is safe.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This one is f**king stupid Jocko.

Reply to