Boiler not firing

I have an Ideal Minimiser SE condensing boiler.

We had a power failure this morning and when I noticed the CHTG wasnn't on at 5pm I checked the boiler. The clock was about ten hours behind time and so I reset it and reset all the on/off times for the heating and hw. It allowed me to do this without any problems but now I can't get the selector to work. i.e. When I press the buttons to override the timer, e.g. to get it to come on constantly, the indicator doesn't move. It's stuck on 'once'

Consequently the boiler isn't firing up.

Ayone any ideas what to look at first. Could it be the timer itself or is there something else to look for?

xav

Reply to
xaftor

What happens if you simply put it on 'once'? Does it work?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Actually, it works all the time now. I twatted the clock with the handle of a screw driver and it burst into life!!

Can't understand why cos it's all electronic. maybe had a bum connection...

At least it's warm now brrrrr.

Reply to
xaftor

Good ole, "percussive maintenance", even in these days of high tech it still works like a little ornamental gold elephant on a chain...

Reply to
John Rumm