Boiler Noise

Can anyone advise me. My boiler (Ideal Icos) has started making a strange noise. Its like the fan is struggling to turn. If I turn the thermostat on the front of the boiler down to about 65%, the noise goes away. Turning it up again, after about 10 minutes it starts again. Is there any reason this could happen?

The boiler is less than a year old, so will be calling Ideal this week.

Regards

Michael

Reply to
SantaUK

In message , SantaUK writes

The fan speed is controlled from the pcb, it sounds like it's straining to work at full power - bad bearings ?

Reply to
geoff

Sorry, I cannot help you with the problem at hand but I take grave exceptions to your monicker. I'll have you know that I've seen Santa locally for the past two weeks and he looks a great deal more like me than you! ;)

Reply to
clot

Well that will be one of my many helpers. I look forward to leaving your presents under your tree this year >

Reply to
SantaUK

SantaUK wrote:

I have many helpers here as well who are measuring chimneys - should we be sharing data?

Islay Mist - blast she did! Another gottle not consumed! ;)

Reply to
clot