Boiler Noise

Can anyone advise me. My boiler (Ideal Icos) has started making a strange
noise. Its like the fan is struggling to turn. If I turn the thermostat on
the front of the boiler down to about 65%, the noise goes away. Turning it
up again, after about 10 minutes it starts again. Is there any reason this
could happen?
The boiler is less than a year old, so will be calling Ideal this week.
Regards
Michael
Reply to
SantaUK
In message , SantaUK writes
The fan speed is controlled from the pcb, it sounds like it's straining to work at full power - bad bearings ?
Reply to
geoff
Sorry, I cannot help you with the problem at hand but I take grave exceptions to your monicker. I'll have you know that I've seen Santa locally for the past two weeks and he looks a great deal more like me than you! ;)
Reply to
clot
Well that will be one of my many helpers. I look forward to leaving your presents under your tree this year >
>> Can anyone advise me. My boiler (Ideal Icos) has started making a >> strange noise. Its like the fan is struggling to turn. If I turn >> the thermostat on the front of the boiler down to about 65%, the >> noise goes away. Turning it up again, after about 10 minutes it >> starts again. Is there any reason this could happen? >> >> The boiler is less than a year old, so will be calling Ideal this >> week. > > > Sorry, I cannot help you with the problem at hand but I take grave > exceptions to your monicker. I'll have you know that I've seen Santa > locally for the past two weeks and he looks a great deal more like me than > you! ;)
Reply to
SantaUK
I have many helpers here as well who are measuring chimneys - should we be sharing data?
Islay Mist - blast she did! Another gottle not consumed! ;)
Reply to
clot

Site Timeline Threads