Boiler Fire Time's

My friend have a central heating system with "potterton suprima l" (no modulation control) she leave the system on 24 hours a day and only the bathroom radiator is on. The boiler fires every 5 min for 30 sec. I have a Worcester 24CDi (With modulation control) when I do the same thing (only bath radiator) my boiler fire every 3 min for 15 sec. I was sure that my boiler will fire the same as her but it look as if it's fire more. Is the boiler fire times are programmed in to it? Is my boiler fire every 3 min and worm the Ch water to the set tamp and her programmed to fire every 5 min? Or is the boiler fire only when the water in the system going cold below a specific temperature? After watching both boiler it look like they are programmed to fire in specific times. I.e. her every 5 min and mine every 3 min. It looks as if my boiler uses more gas than her.

Reply to
Golan

No. Some boilers force a minimum gap between firings, largely to overcome thermostat 'bounce' which can go on for a minute or more when a grotty thermostat is handling a slow temperature change.

It's just a function of the amount of water (and pipework, radiator, boiler, etc) to be heated, by how much it needs heating, the power the boiler puts into it, and how long it takes to cool enough to trigger reheating. It would be unlikely two different systems would have the same timings. You can't infer anything about the relative gas consumption from the data you posted, but your Worcester is probably more efficent.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel