Boiler control

Dear All,

I have a combined boiler for central heating and ho****er, but th central heating suddenly stop working although the boiler still work fine for hot water. Any idea what is wrong with this ?

Thanks for your help.

Jerr

-- homefriend

Reply to
homefriend

Do you have a 3-port motorised valve which is supposed to allow the hot water to flow to the coil in the hot water cylinder or to the radiators, or to both at the same time?

If so, it's likely that the electrical part (actuator) of this valve has failed. If the valve doesn't get motored to at least the mid position, the boiler won't get turned on once the hot water demand is satisfied.

Reply to
Set Square

Do you think the OP might have a combi boiler? Make and model would be useful but it'll be the diverter valve.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

On reflection - probably - but I covered the other option, anyway!

Reply to
Set Square

If it is a combi, and HW is being satisfied, I'd start at the PCB, possibly failed CH thermistor too. More info would be useful though.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

Dear All,

Thank you for your reply.

My boiler is IDEAL ELAN 2 40-80 F fitted with Honeywell contro valves.

There are two controllers, one near to the boiler where we set th required time, the other one locates near to the water tank which w have never touched. There is an operator near besides the water tan as well, which has three positions: 1, 2 and 3. It is in the position at the moment. The controller near to the water tank i Pactrol Micro 7+ Water Heating Programmer. It is in the off heatin position at the moment.

Jerr

-- homefriend

Reply to
homefriend