Blue Light Insect Killer is Ineffective

I purchased a 3 pack Blue Light Insect Killer for =A320 when my old fluorescent tube killer packed up. The units plug directly into 3-pin UK sockets without a lead and use LEDs. After a week of use they haven't caught a single insect although there are plenty around. They make attractive night lights, but for killing insects they are completely ineffective. If you want to remove insects I would recommend a conventional fluorescent tube killer.

Reply to
civet

Well, there y'go, and I've had 5 or 6 in the base of mine.....

Reply to
The Wanderer

Didn't you read the instructions? You're supposed to use it to squash the insects against the window. The light/mains plug is so you can keep it handy and find it in the dark .

Doh!

--

equipment & gym equipment.

10% of ALL LifeFitness goods if you quote PW10%
Reply to
GymRatZ

I've got a few insect catching plants. They work well. Trouble is there haven't been many insects indoors this year. Last weekend when the flying ants appeared, I put them outside for a good meal.

I have got an electric insectocutor in the bedroom but haven't used it for some time. It works, but you get woken up throughout the night with the sound of Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-phut

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel