bloody Russian/Chinese Gangsters

My wonderful imitation Makita 24 volt cordless drill is coming to the end of its shelf life.

It's not the charger, it's not the batteries and it's not the fact that the case has seen better days after an accrow prop fell on it and it isn't even the fact the bolt through the chuck has worn down and come loose as I got it out the rest of the way.

The three little screws behind the chuck that hold the hammer action thingumie are working loose and the dammned chuck will not be-the-hell-have its damn self and come off it thank yo-bars-the-#-damn-thing-tard-u.

(I'm glad I never told anyone to buy o-piece-of-shit-ne.)

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Remember that the locking/fixing screw behind the jaws of a conventional chuck is almost certainly a left hand thread...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Because the drill reverses, there will be some form of locking screw. You open the chuck fully and look down inside. Could be anything - slot cross head or allen etc. And probably a left hand thread. Remove this and the chuck should unscrew. But it's possible those threads are reversed, ie the chuck itself has a left hand thread and the screw normal.

HTH - if I'm teaching my grandma to suck eggs, sorry Gran.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

On Mon, 17 May 2004 05:56:00 +0000 (UTC), in uk.d-i-y "Michael Mcneil" strung together this:

Don't worry, I wouldn't have listened anyway. They're crap imitations that are\were illegal\counterfeit. Glad it's fallen to pieces, you could possibly buy a proper drill now.

Reply to
Lurch

Idiot. These things are repairable, it's just that I was singing its praise every opera tune you nit (ee bah gum some people.)

For the rest of us: I need to get the chuck off but it just won't go. The plastic chucks they have these days with a quick release, don't take the hammer that you can give the old fashioned steel ones.

What you did was open it and hold the chuck key in and give it a smack with an hammer and bang your thumb a few times, then drop the key or make it fly across the room, then try it the other way and eventually find out which way it works. (The bolt in the centre btw is a left hand thread.)

I suppose I had best take it in -or maybe check out a replacement chuck.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:10:14 +0000 (UTC), in uk.d-i-y "Michael Mcneil" strung together this:

Obviously you don't get it then.

Some of the cheaper drills require you to take half the gearbox to pieces before you can disassemble the chuck.

Reply to
Lurch