Bloody parky today

Fucking zealots of all persuasions are so stupid at times.

Reply to
Richard

been saying that up here in the frozen north for years ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

With a few mini- iceages since then. The climate cycles and almost constantly varies. We in the UK, rarely get two similar years.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

newshound has brought this to us :

Everyone best remembers the warmth of the really good summers and the cold of the really cold winters.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Nope, in the wilds of the Thurstable Hundred

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Not stuck indoors in the rain at my grandparents house. Summer holiday? Prison camp.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

stuck in a scabby holiday flat two up in Port Bannatyne with stair head toilet and two weeks of solid rain at the Greenock fair......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message <T_adnYjjhPUDoz snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk>, at

14:20:15 on Sat, 27 Nov 2021, Andy Bennet snipped-for-privacy@benj.com remarked:

Ditto going to Nov 5th fireworks parties, where the ground was more likely to be frozen than not.

Reply to
Roland Perry

No you will have climate change like everyone else and put up with it.

I don't know how often folk have to say this, and of course you could be joking, but Yes the earth is warming up. We wont go into the why, here. Inputting any extra energy into such a climate system as we have is going to make the air more turbulent, and bigger extremes in climate can be expected.

End of story. So while you may think its cold some other places are hotter or wetter etc. Its like a boiling kettle, the water moves more energetically and chaotically as the temperature increases. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Those of us who have spent part of our professional lives trying to extract signals from noisy and at least somewhat random data know that to have much chance of picking up any real effect (whether a step or cyclic), you have to look at data over several periods. Unfortunately, most of those looking for an effect over, say, 50 or 100 years of fossil fuel burning seem to think, or at least claim publicly, that this is the only period that needs to be examined. Conveniently, 50 years is the satellite record and "scientific" weather recording covers about 200 years.

Reply to
newshound

Right on cue it has just started to snow again up here in the Pennines. This after I cleared the drive when yesterdays forecast said it would just be frosty today. Anyway at least I got some rock salt down so that should help.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Keep that quiet, our local FB group has just posted that salt makes dogs' feet sore.

Reply to
newshound

I would be asking WTF someone else's dog is doing on my drive.

Reply to
Tim Streater

WAit until they find out that fireworks have 'saltpetre'...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Kiddies don't feel the cold. I used to go outside in my PJ's barefoot to get the cat in and mum would be castigating me for going out in the cold. I didn't notice that it was cold though.

Reply to
Andrew

Someone slipping over and breaking a hip could be a whole lot sorer! If people are worried about dogs paws and rock-salt, they can buy them 4 bootees - as used by some police and forces dogs where broken glass is to be expected.

Reply to
Steve Walker

It's just hit minus 4 but it is due to warm up in a couple of hours.

I have just revved the vans bollocks off for 30 minutes to warm it up and get rid of the ice on it - and listened to the Rolling Stones CD at full volume whilst warming the van up.

Now I could have done that at 5am in the morning when I set off for work. But I am a considerate neighbour.

Reply to
ARW

Saturday: Beer on the beach, +30C. Sunday: Airport carpark, +1C, coat left in car as didn't need it...

It does look as though we got back just in time though.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris