Bloody parky today

Can we have some global warming, please?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I put on my big coat and cleared the snow from the neighbours path.

It's a long time since I saw snow this early

Reply to
ARW

I know you're joking, but some people genuinely think that global warming means we'll simply have warmer winters. It really ought to be called something different.

Reply to
GB

well i *think* there might be a dusting here, or was...it's now just dull wet and windy. Like it always is at the onset of winter.

If someone asked me 'has the weather got warmer in your lifetime?' I would probably say. 'well it did a bit, for a bit, but is now back where it always was'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I defer to the Guardian and the BBC... 'our children won't know what snow is'

"Outright fraud?"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is. Climate change. Climate is only changing recently after being stable for billions of years.

Reply to
Richard

Coming on tuesday

Reply to
Andrew

GB has brought this to us :

Global colding?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Richard formulated the question :

No, the climate has always been very variable.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Well in the 70's I remember between end of October to end of March having to scrape the ice off all the car windows before driving off to work - pretty much every day. Now it's extremely rare, I have to do it maybe half a dozen times all winter. Winters are definitely getting warmer IMHO.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Yes, you *must* call it climate crisis (or, better still, catastrophe)

Reply to
newshound

Billions of years? That would therefore cover the periods when we had a snowball Earth (ice/icebergs down to / up to the Equator), when CO2 was at

3000 ppm (rather than some 400 ppm as now), when the atmosphere's O2 content was 30% or higher, and indeed the time before there was *any* O2 in the atmosphere!

Strange definition of "stable".

Reply to
Tim Streater

I remember very clearly, in the miserable damp summers of the late 50's and early 60's, everyone from my grandparents' generation used to complain how the Edwardian "Long hot summers" were so much better, when they were my age.

Reply to
newshound

or Uber climate Armageddon!

Reply to
John Rumm

Travelling home along the A14, there were stretches where a small amount of snow was on the verges.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's amazing that such a statement as Richard made can be made seemingly in all seriousness and be believed to be true.

A triumph of propaganda over science - why even the last ice age stadial only ended 10,000 years ago and it's warmed several degrees since then...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you live in a town? Town winter nights have got several degrees warmer, but that's local warming, not global.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Enough to make the A417 impassable for a while here in the Cotswolds. Presumably just a couple of idiots who got themselves stuck. I've had the same thing happen on the A46 between Bath and Stroud in the past.

Reply to
newshound

The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote

I assumed he was being sarcastic given the ice ages.

Reply to
John Brown

Thank f*ck someone can think.

Reply to