Blocked drain

In message , Adrian writes

Enjoy, photos please or even better a video, you may make it on to one of the TV home video shows !!!!!!!!

I went to lift a cover, of some cable ducts, in a sloping car park a few weeks ago, as I took out one of the 4 bolts holding the cover down a nice fountain of water lifted it out for me! It was the lowest pit and had some 5' of head on it, no drain in the ducting system. Only water though, yours could be much more interesting :-)

Reply to
Bill

Bill gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

If only I had a webcam, we could do this live...

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

He came. He plungered. He gurgled. He left.

All sorted & clear. The manhole cover under the front garden for 20 years took some persuasion, but lifted - not quite as high as the back garden (in all senses) but still very backed up.

That one cleared fairly easily, but the back garden stayed full. Not enough rod to clear the blockage from "downstream", so out to the back with the rods. Quite a bit of force later, it went down too...

Thanks for all the schadenfreude, folks. It helped.

Reply to
Adrian