Bird sh*t removal

Some bird suffering from amoebic dysentery sh*t on bonnet of sons new black car. While the deposit washed off it appears to have etched itself into th e lacquer. He's naturally chary of trying various suggestions on removing i t fearing to do further damage. (He has tried the proprietory brands as sol d by the car factors)

Anybody any experience in dealing with this ?

Reply to
fred

Use a mild polish and a bit of elbow grease? Might need to do the entire bonnet if it's covered in microscratches - it'll show up as the shiny bit otherwise :-)

SRP is pretty good and easy to work. Also easy to find in halfords etc. I think I'd try that first. Then give it a coat of decent wax afterwards so it's less of a problem next time (colinite 476 being my choice there, but I'm lazy so like the easy on easy off and only needing it every 6 months :-))

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Read his paint warranty before proceeding further.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

This was a big problem when manufacturers first switched to water-based paints ~15 years ago. Squashed fly and bird droppings were dissolving the new paint surface, and some people ended up getting their cars resprayed under warranty.

Hadn't heard of it more recently though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Well its a year old BMW.

He spent a packet buying Meguiars products but none of them sorted it out, not even the clay bar, though it did alleviate it .

Reply to
fred