Big loop for chainging things to

It's for the allotments before your minds start wondering.

We don't all have sheds but have wheelbarrows. To stop the kids running amok with things we could either cover the handles of the barrows with muck, or chain them together and chain them down to something. Don't want to chain it to a fence as it'll be too encouraging to climb on it.. so a big loop of some sort is needed.

Suggestions for something that we could use and as cheap as possible would be fab. :)

Reply to
mogga

Get some rebar from the builders merchants and bend to an inverted V and bury all but the pointed bit vertically. Once the soil is rammed back in it will be a sod to pull out. It wont be resistant to bolt cutters but neither will the chain and padlock.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bend it into the shape of an omega and set it in the ground. Before you backfill put bricks crosswise over the two short horizontal bits in the bottom the hole.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Wouldn't just chaining them all together make it difficult enough? Otherwise, rebar as already suggested, although I would make it as a horizontal rail with both ends well buried in concrete. That would allow wheelbarrows to be chained to it individually, which might make it easier for allotment holders to get to theirs when they want it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Ideally we'd like something more like a cycle rack thing... (I did see some outside the library they pulled down but was told we'd have to pay £££ to the contractor who was clearing the site to get the concrete off and bring them here.) Yes rebar sounds sensible - have asked one of the plotters who works on building sites if he can aquire us some :)

I did think chaining them together would probably be as awkward to move them as chaining them down. Maybe we'll do that if we can't get a bar sorted. :)

Reply to
mogga

We have bits of concrete fencing broken up under the soil in places - If I can find a bit of wire with concrete still on each end then I reckon that'd be perfect!

(It's a PITA digging the stuff up!)

Reply to
mogga

Any use?