Bet they have a Green Energy Company badge...

16GB USB stick that I bought a couple of years ago is refusing to be formatted. First one ever to die on me BTW.

Was just about to put it in the bin, when I thought I would see if I could find the receipt. I did and it was still under warranty. It was (5 years).

Went on SanDisk's website and filled in an RMA form, assuming that they would approve it and send me a replacement. Instead I was emailed a UPS label, and they asked for it to be sent back to the Czech Republic.

I just had a look at the tracking details - it has so far travelled to London by car, flown to France, then to Frankfurt, then to Nuremberg, and I assume from there it will be flown to the CR.

The stick cost £6... Mad!

Reply to
JoeJoe

Although if they are trying to collect performance or reliability statistics, they might be happy to pay that for a failed stick of known provenance.

Reply to
newshound

I had a delivery by DPD today and the parcel label declared a carbon neutral delivery.

alan_m

Yes but maybe they really want to figure out what is wrong. I had a 256 gig ssd go a few weeks ago, one of the chip type on the motherboard its been replaced with a 512 gig and this time its one that looks like a real drive. However I've not sent the old one back as its full of personal data and the thought of Samsung knowing all my innermost secrets would be a little worrying!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff