Best way to strip long lengths of mains cable?

Singles are less saleable IME. They tend to be done for commercial premises and they are more likely not to DIY. Its the DIYer that wants T&E that is the big market.

You could try the local railway modellers club as they can use it for baseboard wiring.

Reply to
dennis

QA!!!! I just don't see the point.

Reply to
harry

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

Bloody hell. Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , dennis@home.?.invalid writes

*bingo* :-)
Reply to
Graeme

En el artículo , dennis@home.? escribió:

Ta. I want them out of the way so will stick them up on fleabay and see what happens

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Is anyone who chooses to ignore PP seriously going to worry about cable colours?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think the theory goes that old colours makes it look like it was done decades ago, hence before part P applied.

All of which ignores the fact that even the original part P didn't prevent that much, the new weakened version allows even more, the dates for wire colour changes overlapped with part P starting and nobody cares about part P anyway.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Quite.

I also wonder how many people when buying a 'new' house, pay for a survey that would show if the 'wrong' colour cables had been used anywhere anyway.

Very few make any attempt to conceal a wiring addition anyway. Most stand out rather obviously. Different type of fittings, etc. So the wire colour irrelevant.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The point is that old cable colours add plausibility to deniability.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Just who are you 'denying' to?

A cable got damaged and was replaced like for like. Except being new, used the new colours. Even PP didn't outlaw that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It could ... but if using PLA if the friction of the PVC might be an issue (ok if taken slowly).

Otherwise ... a hole the OD of the wire drilled though a bit of batten and a sharp pointed screw screwed in to meet the hole at 90 degrees and then depth adjusted accordingly (to slice the outer but not nick the inner).

I think with the block held in the vice and the cable fed in smoothly by an assistant as you pull it though should make the job pretty quick and easy. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

That's an answer to a question that wouldn't be asked if the cable was in the old colours. In any case, I'm not supporting the idea, just explaining the logic of it.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Given flex colours had been harmonised across much of the world, was there any sense using the old ones for house wiring?

It's the logic side I was asking about. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)