Best waterproof treatment for leather boots?

Oh, I know that... It was the noise levels I was commenting on.

Reply to
Kate XXXXXX

The aircraft doesn't exactly _cook_; the exhausts are of two types forward is 'cold' plumes diverted from before the combustion chambers while the rear exhausts are 'hot' plumes from the combustion chambers. The aircraft's engine can suffer from 'Hot Gas Re-ingestion' particularly when the aircraft is pitched up and the plumes 'bounce' forward to be sucked into the engine intakes. The power output declines as the incoming air is hotter than expected. The first indication to the pilot is a rise in the temperature of the 'Jet Pipe Temperature' [JPT] indicated on the JPT Gauge. This rise was less than the width of the pointer in the analogue meter fitted to early variants. The USMC were so concerned at the phenomena that they installed a digital (like a car's odometer) JPT Gauge into their production aircraft.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock