Best Pipe fittings for DIY plumbing?

Copper tube was filled with it and capped off at both ends during bending. The non-compressibility of the lead prevented the tube collapsing during bending -- same effect as for dry sand. I think molten lead was used (as opposed to water, say) so the tube could be continually annealed during bending which would be impossible with any liquid which boiled below copper's annealing temperature. (I've got an old book on copper tubing which describes this, but it's currently stored in a box in different house, so this is from memory.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

......I have to snip the tripe to save you all the pain of cabering foolishness.....

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

To anneal properly you quench in water immedaitely.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

How can someone who claims to be a heating engineer have so little practical experience?

And his invoices must be a source of amusement to the lawyers...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As a doctor, you should be interested in experiments. Go and try both ways and report back.

And pigs may fly...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)