Best material for window sills?

Yes. That is totally true as well.

But you ca sand it, fill it and paint it again :-)

Painte softwaood will blister teh paint in similar situations. Been there, done that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Been there, done that too!

Reply to
Lobster

Lobster wrote in news:zHXGd.3940$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net:

Ouch! I think that must have been a Freudian clip :-)

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Just about to do that with the timber floor offcuts. Lying a piece on there looks very good.

The only fiddle will be getting a similar finish on the end, when I've planed the tongue off, as the manufacturers finish on the top.

Reply to
Nick Atty

Sadly it would seem that the next makeover TV show is now the criterion as to how a "home improvement" should last.

Reply to
Frank Erskine