Being plagued by tiny flies

I've seen this once or twice here, but for 10+ years in the US, where it's used over most of the fruit and veg.

Can't say it filled me with confidence.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You could get away with boiled tap water if you're in a very soft water area. But if not, normal filtering doesn't remove the dissolved calcium salts that carnivorous plants won't tolerate.

Reverse-osmosis works though - you can buy 25 litres of RO water for about £2 from good aquarist stores if you can't collect rain water.

Reply to
Reentrant

In article , John Williamson wrote: Frank Erskine wrote

Anyone seen those fans with a misting attachment?

First noticed them outside the cafe /bars in France and Spain last year but a few weeks ago they were being sold in the local d-i-y sheds.

John

Reply to
JTM

So energy wise it's mostly neutral apart from any additional heating/dehumidifying/air conditioning pressuring they actually then need to keep the moist air away from all that cardboard packaging.

Reply to
mogga

Very useful in the UK. Not.

Reply to
Huge

That's a coincidence don't go near a Morrisons that often but tempted by their 15p off a litre fuel offer and a near empty tank it was worth diverting a little off route on Friday. Saw that happening on a Vega display but wasn't going to venture close to examine it. My first thoughts as a chap was unpacking crates was the produce had been stored too cold and it was vapour from the veg, my second thought was as they still persist with the theme park market image that in the next few weeks the vapour would become snow for that authentic freeze your fingers off while choosing your parsnips from a box on the pavement experience.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Also used for fire fighting systems in enclosed areas where you don't want the consequences of lots of water around. Even oil and fat fires but don't try it at home.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg