Baxi Solo 50/4 Wm Clicking Main Valve Solenoid

Trying to track down the cause of a clicking main burner valve solenoid

Have replaced original solenoid as this had burnt out, I guess as result of clicking fault. Pilot light ignites OK. Not sure what detect pilot light to power up main solenoid. Maybe pilot light not sufficien to do this. Will check pilot gas nozzle for partial blockage a suggested in similar threads. Any other ideas. Don't want new solenoi to burn out as have to buy complete gas valve assembly

-- Jonathan Stuart

Reply to
Jonathan Stuart

Are you getting a reliable 230 volts to it from the pcb ?

or is that fluctuating?

The voltage is fluctuating when solenoid is clicking. At the moment clicking only lasts for short period (few seconds) before main burne fires up OK. However, not confident this will continue. Clicking ha been for longer periods in past

-- Jonathan Stuart

Reply to
Jonathan Stuart

The fault is cyclic. It only occurs when boiler is called for and pilo light has just ignited. If fault is on PCB, will I need to replace PCB

Before replacing the PCB, can I check the following thoughts with you:

How is the pilot light detected? A possibility is that the pilot flam changes the spark potential/resistance, which is detecte electronically.

If the pilot is weak/borderline, could this be the cause of th problem?

How do I adjust the pilot light on the gas valve to increase flam size?

How do I get to the pilot nozzle to inspect/clean it

-- Jonathan Stuart

Reply to
Jonathan Stuart