bathroom type worktop for shelf/ledge above boxing

I've got a boxed area in the bathroom where the plumbing for WC and sink basic is hidden behind tiles, but need something on top like a piece of worktop. currently got a bit of windowsill on it but its not deep enough (been cut down too much).

b and q do a 2m length (i need 1.2) for =A360 a glossy black quartz. i remember asking in bathstore and they did similar on next day order.

seems a lot for a shelf, anyone got any ideas? could just get another piece of window sill and paint it for =A39 but might not look great.

Reply to
benpost

Piece of stone (e.g. marble) from your local monumental mason?

Reply to
Rod

Just use the same tiles as you have for the wall. I built a false wall for the concealed basin taps. Built the wall up to the same height as the window sill. Cut the lip of the window sill off so it was flush with the wall, them tiled the over the window sill onto the top of the false wall.

Reply to
Slider

I used a cupboard door from one of IKEA's kitchen ranges. There was one at the time which was white plastic finish with rolled edge. Looked just like a thin worktop when turned horizontal, and it was something like £3 from their scrap area (would have been only something like £11 new in any case).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If it doesn't need to be 38mm, Wickes sell a 2m of 28mm worktop for about £18. Only available in white or greyish.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I used Ash for the same purpose been there 5 years and looks great,picture available if its any help

Reply to
ALex

thanks for the suggestions guys... due to cost i think im gonna go with the window sill option (2m @ =A39 b&q) and give it a few coats of white to make it wipeable.

Reply to