Bathroom/Loo layout current fashion?

Anyone know what the current fashion is with regard to having an integrated bathroom and loo or the loo seperate?

This would be in a 3 bed-semi, 60's build, currently has 1 loo and 1 bathroom. Not a lot of room to play with but by combining the two seperate rooms into one it would be possible to make things feel just a little bit more spacious.

Personally I prefer seperate but it's experience of the curent market I'm really after.

thanks

Reply to
Fitz

I don't whether it's really a fashion thing; but unless you're just looking for ways maybe to increase the value of your home specifically to sell, why don't you just go with your personal preference, rather than be dictated to by the fashion police?

If you *are* seriously considering knocking the two into one just for the benefit of future buyers, why not ask a local estate agent what effect it will have, in terms of sellability and/or value?

Personally, I would have thought that unless you live on your own, if you only have 1 loo I'd leave things as they are: it lets others use it while someone else is soaking in the tub.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I suspect it would look really good but I'd find it off-putting in a house if there was only one toilet. If there are two toilets in the house I'd say it was a good idea - plenty of space, with one toilet do you want to queue for the toilet when someone's having a soak?

Reply to
Paul Andrews

This will certainly be another line of research.

And that matches my personal feelings as well.

I think the estate agents are going to be the best bet.

thanks

Reply to
Fitz

Plenty of people manage - we did for years. Now have triple dunghole facilities, blissful luxury.

Reply to
Steve Walker

You're right, but as a matter of choice I wouldn't though just like you I have done in the past.

Reply to
Paul Andrews

After my father came to live in our tied flat with us (a family with 2 small children and job deadlines) and I got permission to live out of college, the *only* requirement we gave the estate agent was that the loo *not* be in the bathroom! Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

So many bashful types on here :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Less "bashfulness" than taste and decency, I think - I wouldn't really like to be in the bath with a lot of people coming in and using the lavatory next to me, all blowing off and piddling and wiping their bits while I'm playing with the ducks and boats..

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Lunchtime. Too... much... detail...

Reply to
Tim S

OTOH, when relaxing in the bath, the bladder often relaxes also. I think that if the toilet was far away in a different room, the temptation would be too great.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes. Not ideal having a restful soak in the bath while someone else is having a crap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maybe sensitive noses? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's what the basin's for. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm delighted to see this thread still going - fuelled only by a schoolboy carry-on style, good old British toilet humour.

Keep it up!

:-)

Reply to
Fitz