Bathroom Lighting

I understand that the regulations don't allow light switches in bathrooms. For this purpose, what does 'in' mean?

I have an L shaped bathroom, door at the end of the short limb, bath at the end of the long limb. Long limb 2m wide x 3m long, short limb 75cm long x 1m wide.

I'd really like to put a standard light switch in the room by the door. The switch would not be in line of sight from the bath or shower, it is definitely "Outside zones". I can't stand pull switches near doors!

So is this permitted?

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Does this help?

Davey

put the switch where I want it, it is well outside the zones. But other advice says 'no light switches in the bathroom'. As I don't have copy of the 17th ed. regs, and this is my last electrical project, I was hoping some real electrician, like Adam, might help me with a simple answer!

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Alternatively you might try a bathroom switch from these folk.

connection with them, just a satisfied customer. They are also very helpful.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

You could use waterproof switches (outdoor type) or vanilla mains ones on SELV operating a relay.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

As long as you have RCD protection and the switch cannot be operated by someone in the bath or shower then I would say that it is OK.

Reply to
ARWadsworth