Bathroom Heaters?

Hi All,

We will be installing a new downstairs WC and was I looking for some options for a small panel wall heater. (It needs to be electric as Im not putting in a CH radiator). I also want to have it wired into an in wall timer so that it will come on for a few hours each day in the winter.

I know that you have to use specific heater types for a bathroom as water is present so I wasnt sure what I should look for. Similar for the electronic timer. Space is very limited so it needs to be small. room is 2.2x0.9m with a WC and sink at opposite ends. Also presumably wall location is important.

Thanks for any advice, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 02:59:31 -0700 someone who may be Matthew wrote this:-

Tubular heater, perhaps two depending on wattage.

Timer and thermostat (important to avoid overheating) can be obtained from the usual suspects. Screwfix are one usual suspect, but there are others.

Reply to
David Hansen

All fine.

A WC isn't a bathroom and the special regs (including Part Pee) don't apply. Just make sure that it's outside, erm, splashing distance.

I doub't you'll need more than 500 watts unless the room is exceptionally cold or usage is really intermittent,plenty of wall panel heaters in Argos etc.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 02:59:31 -0700, Matthew mused:

Get a panel heater with built in timer.

Not really, just don't put anything above the sink. You are confusing your WC with an actual bathroom, which would contain an actual bath or shower. If your WC had a bath or shower in it then you would be limited to what you could put where.

Reply to
Lurch