Bath traps and waste

Hello,

I bought a new bath but it came with some plastic waste attachments (plug hole and overflow). I've looked in the well know DIY stores but they all seem to sell chrome "effect" or gold "effect" wastes which are coloured plastic. I thought metal would be more durable. Can anyone tell me where I can buy some?

Also I read that you should only use a shallow trap where it drains into a hopper; not a soil pipe. I never knew this. Why is this? I presume it is to prevent it siphoning?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

Bought and Ideal Standard bath not long ago the fittings for that are metal. You can probably get them from a plumbers merchant. They won't be= in the =A35 to =A310 price range of the plastic shed stuff though...

Presumably a shallow trap will siphon and become empty much more easyly =

than a full depth one. The shallow trap on our bath can be drawn down b= y the wind, the basin on the same soil pipe doesn't or the loo.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 12 May 2007 07:27:46 GMT someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org wrote this:-

Correct.

Shallow seal traps are liable to allow odours back into the building.

Reply to
David Hansen