"bath clamps/brackets"

Hi all,

I'm trying to locate 'bath clamps', basically brackets to fix a bath to walls at its corners. There were some on our old bath but the new one came without these things and I can't locate them. Any ideas?

Do you need to? Silicone, CT1 or FT101 make effective adhesives

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks Ed,

I suppose I just want to make sure it;s fixed firmly in place - I will mention the adhesives to the fitter.

Thanks again,

Yes, but when you want to take it out, it comes out with half the wall.

I made some by buying some small L shaped brackets and bending them into the shape of a question mark to clamp the rim to the wall. I did also use silicone however.

In one of the bathroom shops, they had some very nice brackets which screwed to the wall and had a handle you then moved across to clamp the bath rim to the wall. I asked about buying some, but they were only for holding the baths on display -- they didn't sell them or know where to get them from.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel