basic plumbing question - identifying water system

Hi, Complete novice DIY-er here. I am looking to install a shower in my flat and the first thing I need to do is identify the water system and see what my options are for the shower. Its a flat in a 4 storey building, built in the 80s. There's a plastic water storage tank that looks like it can fit about 20 gallons, and a cylindrical metal tank below (the hot water boiler?). Is this whats described as a gravity fed water supply? In which case, are my options either an electric shower, or a pumped shower? A basic shower won't suffice since there is no pressure above a few feet. I am considering the Aqualisa Aquastream, which is a combined pump and shower, but I don't yet know if it will work with my system. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Josh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

Hi,
It's a bit hard to say without knowing a lot more detail on what you have. Probably best to get some books on DIY/plumbing from the library and/or find a plumber to advise you. The shower manufacturer will have an installation manual available for the shower, but it won't be a 'how to' type of thing.
cheers, Pete.