Bah Humbug (OT?)

I'll pop the consultation invoice for 110% of your compensation in the post. B-)

(Well if the personal injury lawyers can get away with it).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If by "meter rentals" you mean the standing charge, I choose may tarrifs carefully. Currently one is £76.48/year (11.143p/kWHr), one is £0.00/year (14.200p/kWHr), the other £65.70 but with 87.05 DD Discount (16.08/6.02p/kWHr).

Use needs to be taken into account. Overall the bill 76.48 + use @

11.143 is about £100 cheaper per year than 0.00 + same use @ 14.2. We use about 5 times as much at the lower rate than the higher rate. So the lower rate + 76.48 would cost about £70/year more than the higher rate + 0.00 for the lower consumption, IYSWIM...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Over the last view years we had got used to short power breaks but in recent months Southern Electric have been very busy in the area with a tree lopping programme. This was fairly drastic in some places with some residents having a bit of a moan about some trees being removed but it does seem to have paid off here as the supply has had only one interruption of about 3 minutes in Mondays winds. Other parts of their area have not been so fortunate but it does appear they seem to have some sort of schedule on the go.

G.harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

In article , damduck- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk scribeth thus

Good!, Well done them..

Though shit then!, they'll be the same ones that'd moan if the power goes off...

Its about time that parleyment did something useful and gave the railways and power companies powers and obligations to keep their land and lines clear of triffids in the common interest and for the common good..

But I suppose thats too sensible anyway these days;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

Already exists. But the bean counters rule. Always thinking short term.

Reply to
harryagain