B&Q prepares for tape and ties demand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11400246/BandQ-sends-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-memo-warning-staff-to-expect-soar-in-demand-for-cable-ties-and-rope.html
On 10/02/2015 00:38, Adam Aglionby wrote:

B&Q could buy several copies of the book they plan to circulate in any charity book shop, saving themselves money and helping charities at the same time. It is almost as common as second hand copies of the Da Vinci Code.
--
Colin Bignell

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:38:22 -0800, Adam Aglionby wrote:

sends-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-memo-warning-staff-to-expect-soar-in-demand- for-cable-ties-and-rope.html
Anyone read "Fifty Sheds of Grey"?
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

Nope.

Couldn't be arsed.
On 10/02/2015 01:11, Bob Eager wrote:

I have - brilliantly funny!

Should make for some unusual excuses in A&E
--
Nick (=----)

On 10/02/2015 05:17, Nick wrote:

I heard it was written by a woman in this century, so that rules it out on two counts

Well, if they're on he ball, they'll sell them some cable snips as well to get them of afterward. Maybe strawberry flavoured?
I expect there'll be a big rush to A&E with people with slit wrists/whatever trying to cut them off with kitchen knives.
On 10/02/2015 07:06, harryagain wrote:
<snip> !

I'm afraid that is beyond my imagination. I mean how?...
Cheers
--
Syd

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 08:55:20 UTC, harry wrote:

Some of us are more sensible and buy the releasable cable ties. Some people just don't have a clue.
On 10/02/15 14:03, whisky-dave wrote:

What was that Dr Who in Tom Baker where the Dr and IIRC Romana (maybe Leela) were tied up with vines which would shrink as they drived and stretch them (people not the vines)?
The Dr sang out a high note (which caused Romana/whoever to tell him off as it didn't hurt that much so soon). However what he did was cause a glass skylight to break letting in rain onto the vines which then went soggy and slack.
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Adam Aglionby" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Maybe that is part of the point......
Though I was wondering what sort of questions some one might wander up to a member of staff in B&Q and ask? Maybe Wickes could do one of their leaflets?
--
Chris French

There are already companies cashing in though. an advert on a freeview channel after 10pm a couple of nights ago has a 50 shades gift pack. It t was an online sex toy shop, but one wonders about the way the items were sourced. I see a lot of strange injuries presenting at a/e in the next few months,, The staff could do with a good laught I reckon. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Chris French" < snipped-for-privacy@familyfrench.co.uk> wrote in message
writes

On 10/02/2015 08:54, Brian Gaff wrote:

By all accounts they get a good few anyway. They apparently also have a manual of standard techniques for extracting things from places they ought not be!
--
Cheers,

John.

Indeed, my wife is hospital consultant, don't hear so many tales now as A&E isn't her area. But when they were all more junior doctors I heard quite a few.
I think basically, if you imagine something being put somewhere (and sometimes things you can't imagine), they've seen it......
--
Chris French

On 10/02/2015 10:09, Chris French wrote:

A mate of mine returned from an A&E conference (he was running the AV systems for the event) with some tales... One that sticks in the mind (and by the sounds of it elsewhere!) was how to get a pint glass out of a rectum (length of rope with a knot in the end, and plaster as used for casts etc)
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:06:21 +0000, John Rumm

Jug or Sleeve ?
G.Harman