B&Q prepares for tape and ties demand

What was that Dr Who in Tom Baker where the Dr and IIRC Romana (maybe Leela) were tied up with vines which would shrink as they drived and stretch them (people not the vines)?

The Dr sang out a high note (which caused Romana/whoever to tell him off as it didn't hurt that much so soon). However what he did was cause a glass skylight to break letting in rain onto the vines which then went soggy and slack.

Reply to
Tim Watts

B&Q now sell fur covered cable ties.

Reply to
alan_m

Sleeve / straight glass I assume - I expect the handle on the jug might make getting it inserted in the first place!

(any glass shape that has a point where it narrows toward the exit (e.g. just after the bulge on a straight glass) will hold plaster and hence the rope captive.

Reply to
John Rumm

That thickness of plaster would get quite hot as it sets!

Reply to
dennis

As the Beatles once said: "Happiness is a warm bum".

Or something.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think they got that from somewhere else.

Gay Gunners of Georgia or something.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That ought to teach em ;-)

(I presume the stuff they use for plaster casts is not just "normal" plaster of paris? Since that is very exothermic in significant quantities)

Reply to
John Rumm

Not safe for work, or those of a delicate nature.

Reply to
Huge

They did. And they said so.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Having read the description, I'm not pressing play.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It always used to be Plaster of Paris impregnated bandages, which were great for modelling landscape on a model railway; just dip in water and drape over crumpled newspaper. IIRC, for plaster casts there was a layer of plain gauze and / or cotton wool applied first. These days the bandage seems to be resin impregnated.

Reply to
Nightjar

I suspect that is a good move, I didn't press play either.

Reply to
dennis

I did and really, I'd rather I hadn't.

Reply to