Aw look. He's about to cry

It started long before Blair came into power. They were doing that when I was at school.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

En el artículo , harry escribió:

^^^

^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^

You obviously weren't bullied enough.

And still have the grammar and spelling of a 6 year-old.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Yup - that was a reason for using the green/yellow stripe. Even a totally colour blind person would be able to identify that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had a secretary last week:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

En el artículo , ARWadsworth escribió:

Doing a Cecil Parkinson, eh?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Probably because the science teacher doesn't know how to spell either. I'm not that good at english(*) or spelling but even I could spot the mistakes (note plural) in almost every single letter we got from primamry school.

Secondary is a little better they just are inconsistent with instructions on what needs to be done. ie the covering letter will say fill in the attached form and returning ASAP. The form will say fill in and return when something else has been seen. The something else never appears and you do really need to have seen it as the form is to say we have accepted the contents of the something else...

I some times wonder which planet teachers are on, 'cause half the time it ain't this one.

(*) Took several attempts to pass "O" Level english language.

Agreed. I guess "constructive criticism" is no longer in the teaching degree courses. We are human, we Fup, we learn from the Fups.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The science teacher is the same as the english teacher - the form teacher in both cases!

Nah - it's a stupid policy - I know because they told me when I asked about it, after seeing lots of dots in her workbooks.

My A-Level physics teacher told us in advance he could not spell (wrote like a GP too). But he was a complete genius at teaching physics.

Reply to
Tim Watts

On the first day of secondary school our form teacher (it was his first day too) demonstrated the same with the very first word he wrote on the board ... "Teusday" ... he never did live that one down.

Reply to
Andy Burns
8<

It doesn't take a genius to teach physics, physics is easy.

Reply to
dennis

At your level of understanding, yes.

Reply to
Steve Firth

dennis thinks that physics is guessing if the round, square or arched window will be used on Play School.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

My "O" level physics teacher was B.Sc Physics (failed), but truly enthusiastic and inspirational - brilliant at getting the message across

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

So why do you display such a lack of understanding then?

Reply to
geoff

How do you know its me that's wrong! You really don't have a clue and nobody has told you.

Reply to
dennis

When have you ever been correct?

Trust me. He does have a clue:-) Do you want to push your luck?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

About 20 billion euros and two decades.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Couldn't you provide them with ready-printed labels from the student records system/

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And preprinted notes?

Reply to
S Viemeister

There you are then. Stop messing about with notebooks and labels, print off the degree certificates, issue them to the students at the beginning of the first year and make attendance at classes optional. Job done.

How long do you suppose it will be before a failed student goes to court claiming that they paid $University £27,000 and expected a degree qualification in return?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I'm sure there was a case within the last 6 months of a student taking his university to court alleging that he failed because their teaching was poor.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW