avoid water shortage

'twas there when I moved in, guv.

I'm not sure what that was, I can only think it might be related to the pipes that used to come from the boiler that used to be in that corner.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Not if you have a decent vacuum cleaner, which is where we came in.

Reply to
Huge

Look at the key word in my description .... Pottable ..... This is not drinking water, it's used to flush toliets, water garden ... it is perfectly 'clear'

It may have microbes in it ... so what ? ,...... why would that make any difference to the water I flush loo with ? .... we have a 'blue lush' thing in each loo anyway.

It certainly make no difference to watering garden or cleaning car .......

It also saves me hundreds of £'s in water ...

and if (or when) yo get your hose pipe ban, I am exempt as I am not using mains water

Reply to
Rick

Thank you ... my point exactly

Reply to
Rick

I do have an in-line activated charcoal filter on that feed. In reality it is the WC's and garden hose is the huge saving

Reply to
Rick

Think you need to check what the actual wording of any ban is. Not

100% sure but I think it is a ban on using hose pipes no matter the source of the water. Hence you can't siphon your bath water via a hose to your garden plants but you could use buckets to move the water to the plants.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

When the water charges come in here (Ireland), I might drop a submersible pump down the borehole at the back... haven't used it for a decade, so I don't know if it's silted up or not.

Reply to
grimly4

It's my own private supply, nothing to do with water authority, and ban is imposed by water authority. In any event not had a ban where I live for at least 20 years

Reply to
Rick

And it would be hilarious if they tried to make a case of it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright