Audio-video distribution

I have a modest (compared to some I know) home cinema with a Marantz AV amp feeding a 7.1 speaker setup, a TV and a projector.

I'd like to feed both video and audio to another room (or perhaps two) such that when the viewing/listening source is changed in the main area it also changes in the others. The Marantz has zone 2 and 3 outputs, so I could hardwire connections to the other rooms, but it doesn't have the automatic switching that I'd ideally like.

I could split the amp's HDMI outputs but that can, I know, introduce handshake problems. Is there any other way (a wireless solution, perhaps?) that I can get what I'm after? I don't particularly need more than standard definition video and two-channel audio in the other rooms.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I have this to allow the PVR situated in the living room to be used in the kitchen too simultaneously. An HDMI DA and passive convertors from HDMI to CAT 5e - HDMI won't go that far. Cable run is about 45 ft. Works just fine in HD too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave, belated thanks for this: I'll look into what you suggest.

Reply to
Bert Coules