At what low mains voltages do devices stop working?

Are they any 'insufficient voltage' breakers available to mitigate against that problem ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

You wouldn't see a frequqency outside 49.8 to 50.2 because national grid will have taken emergency action, like an enforced powercut.

Lowest voltage I ever saw was 187V. I rang the EDF emergency number and bloke who answered basically said "so what". My ancient plugin wattmeter says 221V at the moment.

Reply to
Andrew

Mark Carver snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote in news:i7t68hF6atsU1 @mid.individual.net:

Undervoltage relay or Voltage Monitoring Relay seem to be the key phrases, going rate about 40quid.

Peter Burke

Yeah we had one shared with about a dozen properties for a few days some time ago when they replaced all the overhead LV wiring with ABCs. Voltage and stability were ok, but it did conk out a couple of times.

Reply to
John Rumm

Lucky to get a generator at all !

In this impoverished neighbourhood, when a phase goes down, they back-feed it from the nearest other sub's phase. The resulting line length and phase imbalance always ensures a lively situation.

Once, this was the "solution" in use for over a month!

Time for some electrical - as well as political - levelling up, I reckon. ;)

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

Didn't you quote ESQR 27 (3) (b) to him?

Andy Burns

Nope, just a transformer.

Reply to
Fred