Artex powder to finish off repairs to ceiling

I have to repair a patch (2' x 2') on a ceiling where water leaked in. The ceiling is plasterboard with a surface that looks like small hanging droplets of emulsion paint every 5-10 mm or so (early 1970s build). A plasterer advised me to get some Artex powder, mix it with emulsion paint and then dab it on with a plastic bag over a soft brush or similar to match and blend the new surface to the old.
I'm not sure what Artex powder consists of, and I don't what to have to but a sack of it for such a small area - would a filler powder eg Polyfiller mixed with emulsion paint be just as effective or must I stick to the Artex powder recommendation?
Many thanks
Martin
Martin wrote:

You can use polyfilla, plaster or anything you like, so long as you think you can get it to match fairly closely to the surrounding area

And if you do have spare Artex powder, you can use it as a filler. My FIL swears by it. . One advantage it does have is that it can stay workable for much longer that polyfilla
--
Chris French

Martin wrote:

just be aware the patch will always be obvious, you cant really blend in tesxtured artex.
NT