Ariston microgenus boiler problem

hi. I have a Ariston microgenus boiler which is a few years old. It doesnt ignite now. The Fume sensor light comes on, but there are no other indications of a problem from any other sensors besides it doesnt come on. I also cant see the pilot light through the hole at the front. There was no intermittant problem or indication of a problem before. Girlfriend reckons theres a hissing noise coming from it that wasnt coming from it before; the hissing noise remains when the gas is turned on and whenit is turned off. Is this likely to be a serious problem or just a simple ignition thing i might be able to fix myself?

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help

Reply to
mjs2506