Anyone want.... A pair of LED stop / tail lights (The sort that fit just about any Austin / Morris / Rover, etc)

Bought them for a modern car, and the tail light bit won?t play, probably cause the car is too clever.

Probably work with classic mini, Rover SD1, etc.

Yours for nowt of you want them.

Reply to
chrispvholmes

SD1 doesn't use stop/tail bulbs. All single filament. But plain LED bulbs will stop the bulb failure unit working.

You likely need ones suitable for Canbus use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I THINK my car (early 1007) is Vanbus rather than canbus. But perhaps canbus ones would still work??

Reply to
chrispvholmes

Could be. I assume they just add a resistor, etc, so it looks like tungsten?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That was also my (semi) educated guess.

Reply to
chrispvholmes

How many horse power is it? :)

Reply to
TOJ

Sure you had them the right way round? LED bulbs are polarised, so you need to try both ways round to get the one that works.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

It's a while since I have changed a combined stop tail light bulb, but did they not have offset pins so that they could only be fitted one way.

In fact even car bulbs with two prongs that are not offset (say an indicator bulb) are they not earthed at the bottom of the bulb and the two prongs both connect to the 12V.

Reply to
ARW

It?s a Petrol 1.6 16V Auto

Reply to