Anyone recommend a smallish, cheapish combi boiler?

Thanks. Why does it have to be an unswitched socket?

Jak

Reply to
Jak

Because the boiler must be isolated by both poles.

Switched sockets don't comply as many of them are single-pole switched. Therefore an unswitched one must be used, forcing the plug to be withdrawn for isolation, which will isolate both poles.

Simply switching off at the socket is not guaranteed to provide isolation.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I was wondering what (n) meant by 'central heating control wiring'. Surely they can't mean the low-voltage wires going to a room stat, etc?

Jak

Reply to
Jak

All the room stats I've seen are wired at mains voltage. Now, technically, that *is* "low voltage", but probably not what you meant...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Wiring between room stat, programmer, tank stat, motorised valves etc. Most of which *is* actually mains and not low voltage.

Reply to
John Rumm

I wonder how you read the "rules" if you have an existing socket and replace it with a FCU to hook the boiler to. Its not adding new wiring just replacing an accessory (which is allowed even in a kitchen)?

Reply to
John Rumm

It wouldn't be a "like for like" replacement though ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain