Anyone know where Vallance (of Decorators Caulk fame) have gone?

In a recent discussion in this NG about Decorators Caulk, I - among others - recommended the stuff made by Vallance.

I have recently been trying to contact them on the phone number shown on my caulk cartridges (0113 201 2060 - with an address in Leeds with an LS27 postcode) and can't get any reply. The BT on-line directory denies all knowledge of a company called Vallance in Leeds or LS27.

Anyone got a more recent cartridge than mine with a different address/phone number?

TIA.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Ten minutes of Googling reveals that Vallance used to be part of Kalon Group PLC (along with Johnstone and Leyland paints and Mangers decorating products).

Kalon got bought out by Dutch outfit Sigma to make SigmaKalon

SigmaKalon got bought out by US outfit PPG Industries.

PPG Architectual Coatings EMEA jave retained the Johnstone and Leyland brands, but seem to have dropped the Vallance brand. There is still a Mangers website with SigmaKalon corporate branding.

However, if you call them, they will no doubt be able to point you in the right direction.

PPG Architectual Coatings EMEA Huddersfield Road, Birstall, Batley West Yorkshire WF17 9XA

01924 354000 enquiries @ kalon . co . uk
Reply to
Dave Osborne

According to one of their data sheets on the Screwfix site, they're now: Bostik Findley Common Rd Stafford ST16 3EH

01785272727
Reply to
Stuart Noble