Anybody tried this?

Just do what I do. Give an overestimated "customer reading" just before winter and pay the summer rates for your winter gas and electricity. A 10% increase on gas and electricity over the winter is ther loss.

For some unknown reason my readings are always accurate when the meter readers come round.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

They send me a bill for the previous quarter, I pay it.

Are you paying them by Direct debit?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I think lower rates may in general (i.e. over a range of elec cpys) apply if you do DD rather than, as you do, pay in arrears quarterly. I just switched in this way and expect to end up paying less. However then you have to monitor the thing closely to ensure you they don't end up with a big chunk of your dosh because they didn't adjust their monthly take. Having just got a water meter I'll have the same problem with the water cpy and the sewage cpy.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Pounder? Watch out, he thinks he's the Über Troll.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, you ya pillock.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

And it's not even north FFS!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Its north of here mate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In a foetid pit where people aren't shouting "sod off you unwashed layabout" at you?

Excellent news for the south.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm a Londoner... Been as far up as Saaremaa Estonia, an Ozzy coal mine, and Mongolia.

I get around. I might pop in for a cuppa if I'm passing your bridge ;-o

Reply to
Tim Watts

Excellent news for Yorkshire.

We already have enough pig ignorant wankers!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well if you moved south there would be less.

Reply to
dennis

I'd like move to Birmingham but the biggest pig ignorant wanker in the world lives there and I like to be the best. Sometime you have to accept defeat as there no way I could be as pig ignorant a you.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I didn't know geof lived in Brum. Its a good job I don't, I would hate to think I might see him.

Reply to
dennis

Actually you do live very close to Brum.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Yes, you'd shit your pants, if you did, wouldn't you

Reply to
geoff