Any suppliers of 110mm high underbed box?

As part of a project I need a few large'ish plastic storage boxes to slide under a bed but the gap is only 115mm ... has anyone seen anything that shallow?

Reply to
<no_spam

Plastic bread trays?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Really Useful Boxes have a useful web page with all their box dimensions on

Staples have this one

and if you click on 'plastic storage boxes' you can filter by height parameter

The rigid trays used in primary schools are 'Gratnell trays' and come in various heights. Lids are available as options.

(many other suppliers)

They don't usually come with lids but cat litter trays are cheap in supermarkets

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

They must be higher than that, or it would be a small slice of bread.

Do they need to be lidded?

Really Useful Box have some 120mm high 20L boxes, which includes the lid. Without it, it would probably fit? Or, the rim of the lid has ribs inside so it is quite a bit higher than the top of the box. You might be able to fabricate a lid from hardboard or ply that would cover the box and still fit under the bed. The internal depth is 90mm and the bases of RUBs aren't very thick

Or a 10L box with a hieght of 85mm

Details of all their boxes here:

Reply to
Chris French

Google is your friend shurely......

'Storage' may be the missing link over the keywords in your own subject......

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Stand the bed on bricks!

+1 for RUB, they are quite 'addictive'.
Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , JimK writes

Have you actually tried finding them?

110mm is very shallow - underbed boxes tend to be 150-200mm or so high
Reply to
Chris French

:-)

We're talking trays rather than boxes I would have thought. Yes, cat litter trays or something from the horticultural sector perhaps?

Reply to
stuart noble

Google "bed risers". Amazon stock them.

Reply to
S Viemeister

very simple diy project

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes, I've tried and failed (or else I wouldn't have asked here)

Reply to
<no_spam

I was hoping to avoid adding yet another job to the (almost) infinite list, but ...

Reply to
<no_spam

Thanks! I hadn't heard of them. There's a 710 x 440 x 120 that would be interesting if I can trim 10mm off.

Reply to
<no_spam

Thanks - that led me to

who have a huge range of boxes.

Reply to
<no_spam

There is no rest. Accept it I've not found plastic to be good long term. Wood is.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I have some plastic bread trays. The outside height is 105mm. They do not need to be as high as the bread.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I guess not, but I was thinking of usual stacking ones, which surely need to be as high as the bread a some pints so they can stack without squashing it?

It could a raised support thing I guess, but I was thinking of the ones I have which have those flip over supports/handles or the oens the bakery over the road used to use - IIRC brown with little corner spigots to support the tray above.

Reply to
Chris French

I see what you mean. The ones I have must have been designed to go on shelves so they can be pulled out without disturbing the stack. They are actually from a delivery van.

It might be worth making your own, then you'd get exactly what you want.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright