Any LiPo battery experts out there?

The battery in my Hannspree SN14T71 13.3" tablet is damaged but I can't find a supplier for a replacement. The battery looks like two taped together, one is marked 3.7V 4000mAh and the other is unmarked. There are 3 wires going to pads marked + - and T, the charging voltage across

+/- is about 7.8V. There's a picture of the battery on eBay:

I haven't had anything to do with LiPo batteries before. Am I correct that there will be two in series? Mr Google has suggested that LiPo batteries are sold by size (as well as voltage and capacity) but I can't find anything that is about

4x160x145mm - any suggestions? Hannspree don't sell them and, with hindsight, their UK repair contractor (RepairTech Ltd) were the people who damaged it in the first place when they did a warranty repair so I don't want to pay them to replace it.

If I can't find a battery I'll remove the duff one and run on mains as a digital photo frame (uses about 6W, so not too bad to leave on).

Reply to
nospam

nospam

Not *directly* relevent, but one of my lads broke the LCD in the remote readout of a commercial ventilator/heat exchanger. Complete replacement quoted at ~ £120. By judicious googling of the various numbers on it I found the screen for under £20 including postage from the States.

Reply to
newshound

Try on a Model Aircraft group.

Reply to
stvlcnc43

Or look at the best place to buy

The Natural Philosopher

Thanks, but they don't seem to have them

Reply to
nospam

T is temp sensor

LiPo nominally 3.7V MT 4.2V full.

yup

Neither could Hanspree, look for 4mm thick Lipos that might fit, voltage is a constant , capacity rises with size, you`ll still need 2 in series

Adam Aglionby

I guess lipos suck Sean.

NT

Reply to