any good pir outdoor lights ?

We had an outdoor pir floodlight which functioned faultlessly for over 20 years. Since its demise I am now on the third replacement.All far eastern crap. All faulty in one way or another. Either the timer could not be set properly or the sensor was inadequate. Is anyone making a good version any more ?

Reply to
paula.beattie

IME going for a "normal" light controlled by a stand-alone PIR often gives better results. You can also then change the PIR without changing the light if you need to.

PIR kit made by Steinel seems to have a decent reputation.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John. I was about to go that route as the original unit had a separate PIR sensor

Reply to
fred

I'm playing with a £13 microwave detector on my garage external floodlights - works good but still early days. Much bigger range (c 6m) than the defunct pir did & pretty much a 180 degree detection angle.

Reply to
Jim K..

Er... Paula / Fred, depending which way you are transitioning, are your nipples still like bullets due to the hormones?

Reply to
Jim K..