Any good for heating 3 room flat?

If the ?tower block had been built with effective insulation and airflow limitation (fat chance in that era) and double glazing, and todays electronic controls were available, it might have been halfway effective.

Reply to
Andrew

Only because the French govt told EDF to sell electricity effectively at a loss last year.

Reply to
Andrew

Well the UK gov't has been doing that with renewables since 2010.

And making up the difference with taxpayer money, climate levies, standing charges etc.

But before 2020 it was dirt cheap as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Goes wher it should for me.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Originally it was 3 1970's night storage heaters which had been replaced by 3 of wall mounted panel heaters from Lidl by a previous occupier. I didn't like those, so they went.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

For me (after three? redirects) it dropped me here

Andy Burns

My adblocker intercepts it because it wants to go to:

if I say ok it redirects via CompareDaddy briefly to:
is really just:
if that's too much:
Sounds like somewhere along the way all the spying has come a cropper.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

No need for an air source heat pump, much cheaper to heat your house with one of those tiny plug in heaters that look like a plug in timer, or else a tea light under a plant pot :).

Reply to
Chris Holmes

Both work quite well as long as the ambient temperature is 22C.

Reply to
alan_m

lol!

Reply to
Chris Holmes

It's worth noting that Aircondirect are part of the Buy It Direct group who were recently fined for flouting F-gas regulations.

Hyper-pop

I don't know about their systems, but some were designed to be supplied pre-filled, with simple connections for DIY use. It is only over-restrictive regulations that prevent DIYers from installing such systems.

Reply to
SteveW

Yes, I agree for sensible DIYers. But the legislation is aimed to change the behaviour of people who blatantly disregard our atmosphere with damaging fluorocarbons. Many of these people are in the industry. And you cant just regulate professionals and leave the general public free to abuse!

Reply to
Hyper-pop