Any appliance repair bod's here please?

Do we discuss tumble driers in here? :) Well, I'll start a thread anyway as I intend to repair it myself.

I have a not too old Hoover HNV380 tumble drier. It has failed and the symptoms are...

It all lights up normally. With or without a load it runs for about 2 minutes in one direction. There is air being vented out, but it's cold. As soon as it reverses direction something in the circuts goes click and it stops. Pressing start again just makes it click and stop. Switching off and on allows another 2 minutes of cold air. It's now got a flashing 'start' light.

The obvious thought is the heater element blown, but is there anything else could it be? Thermostat lying to the switches? Circuit board error? I have Googled of course and found one other report of the same error, but no answer on the site.

I can strip it easily enough and I have a multimeter so I'll search for lack of continiuity sometime tomorrow evening. Any tips on exactly what I'm looking for would be apprecieated. Thank you and good night.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

How old is "not too old"?

Reply to
Toby

IIRC it's about four years old. Not exactly ancient yet. Why do you ask?

Reply to
Mike Barnard

There are often a couple of stats in the heater supply - one normally closed over heat protection, and one "normal" operation stat to maintain temperature. Those and the heater continuity are probably the first things to test (assuming its not clogged up with fluff)

Reply to
John Rumm