Annual Christmas problem

What like "Inch View" and Scholar's Road" - what's posh about those?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Sheffield is chopping them down.

Reply to
ARW

I thought all new posh new developments were called Mews or Courts - with the local councillors name (the one that supported the planning permission after taking a £1000 backhander) placed just before the word Mews or Court on the street sign.

Reply to
ARW

You have turned into Pounder.

When was the last time a council built an estate?

Reply to
ARW

Decades ago, which is why they're all falling apart now, and they're spending millions giving them nice shiny new bathrooms at the taxpayer's expense. Why does someone on benefits need a new toilet?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Round here "court" means council estate, usually stupidly designed with = the front doors all facing each other and a path going along them, and t= he entrance roads round the back. So you can't drive to someone's front= door.

-- =

In 1961, 87-year-old Harry Meadows, a resident at the Haslemere home for= the elderly in Great Yarmouth, England, achieved late-in-life notoriety= when he accidentally killed another 3 residents of his care home by dre= ssing up as the grim reaper and peering through the residents' lounge wi= ndow whilst holding a scythe.

The year before Harry's performance, another resident of the same home, = the then 81-year-old Gladys Elton, for reasons best known to herself, ha= d conceived the idea of performing a striptease for her fellow residents= of the home; unfortunately such was the effect of Elton's performance t= hat it caused the death of one resident by way of a cardiac arrest and t= he treatment for shock of five other residents.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

New roofs for the 3rd time in my memory is the fad where I live.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

£1000? You must have cheapskate planners.
Reply to
Huge

Yes I've seen that too.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Well it's only Doncaster:-)

Reply to
ARW

although I would have just called it Boulevard.

Reply to
ARW

Rather amusingly there is a "Letsby Avenue" in Sheffield.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Just for once Mr Hucker is correct!

This is the new name for council estates:

I understand that the occupants of these kennels have already managed to turn the area into a drug infested ghetto. Scum is as scum is.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

That's good coming from an alcoholic.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

What a stupid design with those boxes above the front door.

Reply to
John

Agreed - looks like lego gone wrong.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I looked. It's not an accident since it's at the back of the Police...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris