Angry son = fist size hole in plasterboard !

Rob Graham wrote:

He's obviously seen The Shawshank Redemption.
--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply

Add pictures here
✖

battens of

the
replace
He'll get his own back in years to come when he's pushing you arround in a bath chair <g>
AWEM
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:34:22 UTC, "Rob Graham"

When we moved into our house 10 years ago, we found some strange raised flat patches on one of the bedroom walls. I later discovered that a friend (proprietor of a local menswear shop!) used to own the house and had rented out the top floor. He said that one of the tenants was a rather volatil young man and his girlfriend, and loud arguments were common. They also covered the walls with pictures, from top to bottom.
When they moved out... you can guess the rest. We are due to fix those walls (finally) in the next few weeks.
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Rob Graham wrote:

I would do what others have suggested (and have done so myself plenty of times, but FWIW I saw this new repair 'system' in B&Q the other day: http://www.vothole.com /
David
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com says...

Sister-in-law once threw a brass candle stick at her spouse which luckily enough missed but left a fine hole in the skin of a panelled door
--
Paul Mc Cann

Add pictures here
✖
says...

Well, since we're bragging, Spouse once thrust the Hoover handle through the lower panel of a son's bedroom door. Son ws sitting with his back against it to prevent the door being opened. Luckily the handle missed him ...
It taught both them a lesson.
Mary

Add pictures here
✖
Rob Graham wrote:

If you fancy patching the hole in the wall twice, the 2nd and proper effort would be by using one of the above mentioned techniques. The first and quite improper method could include a combination of plaster and son's baseball cap..in such a way that the cap peak is protruding from the wall when it is complete.
When your son has observed the result of this method, he will be be very browned (ahem!) off.
Arthur
Add pictures here
✖
Rob Graham Wrote:

Rob, get down to Dulux Paint, B&Q or Denmans electrical store and pic up a Vothole Twin or Multi pack. This product is the best product fo repairing holes in any surface, plasterboard, wood, metal an fibreglass. The repaired hole is even stonger then before. You can eve take out larger spotlights, repair the existing hole, then re-dril using a hole saw and replace with new smaller spotlights etc. Grea product. Check out the website with star of hit movie "wolf Creek" Joh Jarratt, in 60 second video. www.vothole.com
Vott
-- Votty
Add pictures here
✖
Votty (on diybanter) wrote something pertaining to a 3rd April query:

Think this has would been dealt with by now?
:-)
-- Adrian C
Add pictures here
✖
says...

This thread died seven months ago. You are a blatant spammer. This product is not the best way of repairing holes in any surface - plasterboard is best repaired with plasterboard, wood is best repaired with wood ... "The repaired hole is even stronger than before" - exactly how strong is a hole to start with?
Add pictures here
✖
Rob Morley Wrote:

If this is the case Mr Knowall, then repair a hole with a piece o plasterboard behind the hole, then repair another hole using a Vothol then try punching the hole, then inform me which is stronger? I loo forward to your remarks
-- Votty
Add pictures here
✖
says...

I'm not going to be buying any of your products in the foreseeable future, so don't hold your breath.
Add pictures here
✖

It will simply pull out from the surrounding plasterboard leaving an even larger hole?
--
*Tell me to 'stuff it' - I'm a taxidermist.

✖

Cut a piece of plasterboard larger than the hole but tapered at 45 degrees at the edges so that its outside dimensions are larger than the inside. Cut the hole to match so that its outside is larger than the inside and the two match ie the patch will fit onto the hole, but probably drop out because of the tapering. Take a piece of sheet material (plywood?) larger than the hole but small enough to maniplate into and behind the hole and drill two holes about an inch apart near its centre. Do the same to a second sheet of similar material and drill corresponding holes through the plasterboard patch. Thread string through first sheet with loose ends at the front. Using an adhesive, that will successfully bond plasterboard and sheet material, cover front of first sheet and slip it behind the hole so that you can pull on the string to make the sheet bond to the back of the plasterboard surrounding the hole. thread string through plasterboard patch and push patch into place whilst keeping string taut so that patch also bonds to the sheet behind. Thread string through second sheet and tie off to maintain pressure on the adhesive. leave to bond. Cut string and remove front sheet. Pull out string if loose or cut below wall surface. Plaster over edges and holes.
Modify instructions according to circumstances and comments from others about how stupid it is! ;-)
✖