Android phone font query.

I have a Moto G31 and because I probably need glasses I have set the phone to the largest font, and try to use dark mode where possible.

I can see everything, though there are some Apps where the 2-finger method of expanding the screen to enlarge what it is showing doesn't work. One of which is Airmid, the App that the GP IT system SystmOnline? seems to work with.

Annoyingly, there is a font that I can only describe as a series of equi-distant lines making up each character, so the the background shines through the gap. I find this font utterly unreadable, in both normal or dark mode. This is the font that Airmid seems to use to show BP and other results.

Does anyone know what this font is called ?.

Can I do something to the phone to alter this font to a solid, high contrast one ?.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Can you do a screen shot of the font ?

Reply to
zall

How about running the apps directly on your PC instead, or mirroring the phone display on the PC?

e.g:

Or a remote control app like Anydesk will allow control of Android devices, as does Connectwise Screen Connect.

Reply to
John Rumm

Some apps ignore your accessibility settings if its magnification or contrast, nut much you can do if the app vendor is too lazy to fix it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reading glasses from the pound shop, just for this app?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

That's what I do, but it is just as easy to login to the GP's SystmOnline patient access on my windows PC so that is my preferred access. I simply installed the Airmid app out of interest on my phone, but immediately noticed that some of the important info, like test results uses this wierd font.

Reply to
Andrew