ANC couriers How do you rate them?

Hello all.

The courier came this afternoon to deliver 2 Grabba, 4 1/2 Lb makeweights, and a free complimentary tape measure. Unfortunately, only the tape measure was produced. What happened to the rest of the order, I have no idea. The driver was the most unhelpful person I've ever dealt with, and was in a hurry to go. Mightons told me that ANC would phone me shortly, but they never did. Mightons were very helpful, and will be re-sending that order at no extra cost.

What say you?

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Carrier companies are forever changing... what might be a good one this year may be a crap one next year.

What may be an excellent one in one part of the country may be appalling in another.

In terms of crapness I'd rank "Omega (in)securicor" alongside "Nightfright" as the worst of the worst.

We have been using Interlink for a few years now, and their service is excellent though their accounts side of things was beyond impossible, although they _seem_ to have improved things lately.

The rest, well, from a customers point of view, the carrier is only as good as the final contact i.e. the delivering driver.

You can always complain about the driver to either your local depot or the head office if you feel somone needs to take action.

Reply to
PeTe33

An awful lot depends on the individual delivery driver. Having said them I would treat them the same caution one would give to a rabid dog.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

I think ANC, like many other couriers, are a franchise outfit, so experience varies widely.

IME the weak point with any courier is the destination depot and the way it organises its routes - I find Securicor/DHL excellent, but then their drivers park up round the corner from me for their lunch almost every day.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Our ANC has certainly had his smile muscles removed.

Best by far is ParcelForce. Greets us by name, smiles, pleasant banter, helpful etc etc

Hahahahahahahaha!

I needed cheering up,thanks.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Or not, my experiences with ANC in Bristol a good few years back as abismal. They couldn't (or couldn't be bothered) to find my address, despite the road being in the A-Z and the building having it's name on both gate posts. This wasn't a one off but happened at least twice. I had to go to the depot, that appeared to be staffed by semi-literate school leavers, which might explain why they couldn't find my address...

Of the few companies that actually run their own vans this far out into the sticks (DHL, UPS, Parcel Force, and Royal Mail)(*) all perform very well. Generally speaking the same driver does the same route/area so they get to know where places are.

(*)No one else does, stuff sent via other couriers comes via taxi from the local garage who collect from the depots in the morning.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've complained about the driver to Mightons. There's no point in taking it further, really.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

I hope that they don't send the same one. Although I've probably forgotten what he looks like.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

This one was young, and spoke English without an accent. The "foreigners" are usually quite friendly.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

I've not had any (serious) complaint before.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

I'd take any courier over parcelfarce. Lynx, ANC, granny with shopping trolley, whoever.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You didn't include Royal Mail. They really annoy me: They will fail to deliver a parcel, even when I'm in. And I have a loud chime _and_ a buzzer. P.S. I've wired a test switch where the chime is sited, so that I can test it at will.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

In my experience they all have crap moments. It is not the best paid job in the world, so there is a good chance you will get a new enthusiastic employee, but equally you could easily get a lazy sod, who thinks nothing of finishing a couple of hours early and claiming that for all the deliveries, nobody was in.

Problems I have had with various couriers include:

Leaving a package with a neighbour, but not leaving a card. Throwing a package over my side gate. Leaving stuff on the doorstep...in the rain Delivering boxes that are very damaged. Claiming that they had visited the house, but not leaving a card. The company were onto this however, so on their computer system they asked the driver to say what colour the front door was. He had put this down as 'wooden' which is partly true for probably the majority of doors in the country! No mention of the black paint that has been on it for several years. I did complain to eBuyer and they gave me a free delivery, but I don't expect this every got taken up with the lying b**tard driver.

Reply to
deckertim

I don't understand the point you're trying to make...

I've come to one big conclusion over the years; they're *all* shit.

For example, Parcel Force have always been excellent here, and yet you (and others) slate them. OTOH, Business Post (part of UPS, I think) have always been *useless*; the two times we've had stuff come through them, I've had to go to the depot to collect it, despite repeated faxing of maps and directions, and in both cases they then couldn't initially find the packages. Absolute rubbish.

Reply to
Huge

I've seen our landlord (he runs a textile warehouse in the other half of the building) almost in tears because someone shipped a consignement via parcel force. "I've told them, I've *better* told them, I've begged them, and still ...

Even if you find one that's initially OK they'll mess you about/drop you as soon as they get a big contract with someone Like Thomson Directories.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

Claiming to only deliver to you at your address, no exceptions, and then leaving stuff with a neighbour. NOT WORKING ON SATURDAYS (fine for business suppliers, but absolutely

*%^&ing useless when employed by on-line suppliers who are clearly targetting ordinary people).
Reply to
lairdy

That again is purely down to the driver, not the company.

Reply to
PeTe33

Precisely the point I was making.