An Interesting Estimate?

I've never had to do this - but why not siphon it with a garden hose and the other end in the bath?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Wet or Dry vacuum cleaner is ideal for this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I need to reclaim some space in the garage, so just had to hump 8 kingsize rolls of space blanket up into the loft, I'm sweating like a goodun - no I'm not going to be unrolling it today!

Reply to
Andy Burns

I decided to change the sunroof on the old car yesterday since the weather forecast was no rain and I have to work outside. The car is black. Had to wear gloves. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can what is true for a gas be the applied to a liquid? Liquids are some what more vicious and aren't compressable...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

liquids and gasses are both fluids.

I would anticipate that water with a greater density and viscosity would have more difficulty turning a sharp corner than gas.

I do not believe that characteristics of gas can be extrapolated to water as simply as has been inferred

Reply to
Invisible Man

Luxury. I put in three fence posts & replaced 8 panels today.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Most fluid modelling works fine regardless of whether the fluid is gas or liquid until you get to a significant portion of the speed of sound, when compressibility drag starts to take effect. This seems to me to be unlikely in a gas pipe. Until you get to the jet at the end (or for that matter the regulator!) I suspect the compressibility of gas won't matter at all. It just isn't compressing enough to notice.

If you really want to know

some stuff on it.

It's amazing what you end up looking at when you race sailing dinghies!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

The tank, shaped rather like a bathtub, originally had cross bars holding the two long sides together near the top. About 20 years ago, wrongly believing that the tank had frozen oven (it was very early in the morning and I had to get to work, I used a broom stick, to try to clear it by stirring it. Of course, it was not frozen over, as I soon discovered. Anyway, much more recently I discovered that I had, at that time, knocked the stress bars out of their mountings in the inner side of the tank. So the tank has been slowly bulging outwards, so that the top rim is no longer 'flat', to say the least. It has been opined that putting it back into shape is probably impossible. With 50 gals of water up there, one is reluctant to employ 10 strong men to attempt to put is back into shape, in case it splits. Since the top rim is not 'flat' and it never had a cover anyway, apart from some black plastic, I don't know what to do about it, apart from replacing it. Besides, it would not have, or will be if reshaped, in accord with current regs. So - am I stuck?

Cheers, GOG.

LOL, had forgotten about making sure about the nonsense email address :-(

Reply to
GOG