Estimate needed

Hi All

Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how much a gardener/handyman would charge for mowing a couple of small lawns (Maybe 20'x20' each) and weeding a couple of 15' borders?

I can't get a sensible answer from anyone and I need to budget.

Shokk

Reply to
Shokka

A one-off or on an ongoing basis ..?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Well, one off initially then regular bi weekly later in the summer.

A friend is abroad and wishes to rent their house out.

Shokk

Reply to
Shokka

"Let".

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The requirement is a one off (Before getting an estate agent in) then regular once the property is rented out.

shokk

Reply to
Shokka

Often the letting agent if they are to put it in the hands of one will have a gardener

In my sons case the agent maintains the front garden as part of the letting cost but the tenant is responsible for the back garden and will have the cost of tidying it deducted from the deposit when they leave if it is not in good order then

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Well, he wants to "do it himself" by getting tradesmen in on an "as and when" basis.

It's down to muggins here to "co-ordinate" all this.

Shokk

Reply to
Shokka

All what?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Shokk

Reply to
Shokka

May God help you, Shokka...

It seems like you won't get a sensible answer from anyone!!!

If I was in the area I'd offer to do it myself but it's a bit far from here :)

Best wishes

Reply to
Englishman in Adana (Turkey)

learn how to post. Price of gardener depends on the area and whether you employ a gardening company or homless person, so we couldnt tell you anyway.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

learn how to post. Price of gardener depends on the area and whether you employ a gardening company or homless person, so we couldnt tell you anyway.

NT

PS I was once offered =A35 to clear a large overgrown garden!

Reply to
meow2222

Maybe if the OP wasn't quite so ruthless in his snipping there might be some context left for people to reply to.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

The message from snipped-for-privacy@care2.com contains these words:

Bob-a-Job's stopped now, anyway.

Reply to
Guy King

It's just his way of telling you that you didn't quote any of the original post in your reply. It's convention on Usenet to include some "context" so that those who can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread can tell what's going on.

To try and help you, the three woman company my wife works for charges =A312/hr for this sort of thing, but they are gradually putting the prices up as they establish a reputation and need to regulate demand for their services.

You don't say how deep the 15' borders are, how weed infested they are nor what sort of plants need ongoing maintenance.

Once everything is in trim I would say a couple of hours tops on an ongoing basis to cut the lawns and keep the borders under control. For the initial visit I would say a minimum of 4 hours work, probably more depending on what needs doing.

Get some quotes and let me know how wide of the mark I am.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Who are you talking to? Why should anyone pay attention to postings like this?

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

Why shoould anyone pay any attention to the likes of you and C Bacon when all you can do is whinge andd not offer anything helpful to the OP.

Why not just tell him what he's doing wrong, then perhap's he'll become a good little poster like the rest of you.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Shokka has unhelpfully multi-posted instead of cross-posting. Newbie?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

She's probably at the end of her tether having to respond to obstructive, pedantic, nit-pickers like you and Bacon.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Well said.

ETV